Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.
Sentou Gakuin© V3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Sad Serio-chan
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:28 pm by Serio Katsuya

» Arashi's Equipment (Post Time Skip)
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 1:03 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi's Abilities (Post Time Skip)
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 12:22 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi Techniques (Post Time Skip) [Finished]
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 11:55 pm by _[Spitfire]_

» Spellbinder
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:18 pm by Jisenki

» Ultima
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:17 pm by Jisenki

» Danika Syphin
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:33 pm by Jisenki

» Arthe
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:30 pm by Jisenki

» Danika's Equipment (WIP)
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 11:26 pm by Riko

» Diamond Dust
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:50 pm by Xexame

» Keyblade- Oathkeeper
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:39 pm by Xexame

» The Keyblade
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 4:47 pm by Xexame

» Tristan Morganthe's Spell Tome
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:48 pm by Jisenki

» [Post Time Skip] Thanatos-Bringer of the End
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:46 pm by Jisenki

» Keyblade- X Blade
Old Habits Die Hard I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:43 pm by Jisenki

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 74 on April 27th 2024, 12:18 am

Old Habits Die Hard

Go down

Old Habits Die Hard Empty Old Habits Die Hard

Post by Guest January 8th 2009, 10:48 pm

Skye advanced onto the training field, a look of exhaustion in his eyes. It was early morning, coming up on 5:00 am, and really, he had no idea what he was doing out here so early, except that it was what he had always done. Lately he was feeling more and more out of place at the school, like he was somewhere that he really didn't belong, and this was what he did to feel...normal. He shrugged, rolling his shoulders and stretching. He felt Scorpio's haft, the cold metal and its corded grip biting into his hand, and sighed. If only he'd never gotten this accursed thing! If only he'd never even gotten involved...; as it usually turned out, Skye heard his old friend Gael's voice finishing the sentence for him. He could hear him as if he were right there, cynical tones echoing in his ears. "...the world, your home included would have been destroyed you idiot. Stop complaining and move on!" He nodded his head, pulling his scythe to the fore. "Well you're right Gael." he said out loud into the cold morning air. "As usual." With a sharp 'clang' the head of the scythe snapped off of the hilt, and hung a few inches over the ground, a chain of darkness connecting the two. With a resigned sigh he turned towards a set of practice dummies set up nearby, swinging the blade of the scythe over his head in preparation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Old Habits Die Hard Empty Re: Old Habits Die Hard

Post by Jisenki January 14th 2009, 11:46 pm

Jisenki was leaning on a tree nearby folding his arms casually as he watched the student training. It was always good to see the progress of students, working hard to accomplish goals and fulfill their destinies. Although it was indeed an early morning, Jisenki was actually up and awake, which was extremely uncommon. With the new incoming students starting at the academy Jisenki had been busy with paperwork although he decided to put the work on hold to monitor the progress of the campus. He had recently finished with his own extensive training with Karilu, preparing himself for any attacks that could come from Suzaku and preparing for any possible assaults that could be targeted at the academy. As Jisenki watched the student swing his scythe for his training, he walked up towards him, looking cautiously at the blade of the scythe and making sure that he wasn't it the way of the scythe. "So...what ranking are you student?"
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 1722
Interests : Martial Arts, Kung-fu, Swordsmanship

The BattleField
Health Points:
Old Habits Die Hard Left_bar_bleue6400/6400Old Habits Die Hard Empty_bar_bleue  (6400/6400)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Old Habits Die Hard Left_bar_bleue4400/4400Old Habits Die Hard Empty_bar_bleue  (4400/4400)
Experience Points :
Old Habits Die Hard Left_bar_bleue63/100Old Habits Die Hard Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

https://sentougakuin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 15th 2009, 1:18 pm

With a flick of his wrist, Skye sent the scythe head flying at one of the dummies. With small motions of his wrist and arm he manipulated the blade, making it seem to dance through the air, with very little physical exertion necessary on his part. It was his style, and it worked well, but the last time he'd used it, his control had been off. Ever since then, he had been training even more profusely, hoping to perfect it. He flicked his wrist back, pulling the blade towards him and respinning it over his head. With a sharp rip, the dummy he'd been swinging at shuddered, and ripped many different times from several angles. Skye smirked, adding in a cock of the eyebrow. It was then that he realized that someone was talking to him. "Hm?" inquired Skye, turning his head to try and get a better look at the inquirer. He flicked his wrist downwards, causing the blade to hit the ground, sinking it several inches in. He turned to see Jisenki, the school's head warrior, standing behind him. Upon this realization Skye flicked his wrist up and back, and, like the tape on a tape measure, the blade flew up out of the ground, returned and reconnected to the hilt with a sharp click. He turned to face Jisenki and held his scythe lengthways behind his back, bowing in respect. "Head Warrior," said Skye in a bit of a monotone, regarding Jisenki again with a nod of his head. "I'm a blue rank sir." Skye said, regarding a small badge on his right shoulder. He had made it himself, and used magic to make it change with his rank color. Currently it was a deep, royal blue, with a large ornate "S" inscribed in the center to reperesent the school. "I was just doing a little training. I know its a little early to be up." Skye said, ruffling his hair with a free hand. "But it's what I'm used to doing." He was silent for a moment, looking into the distance over the head warrior's shoulder. "Oh, I apologize, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Skye. Skye Vrael." He said in a sort of quiet tone, extending his hand for a handshake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jisenki January 17th 2009, 6:16 pm

Jisenki bowed back respectfully. He knew that it was only polite to return a good gesture with another. Listening to what the student had said and hearing an answer to Jisenki's own previously asked question, he noticed the blue badge and the S on it. It was a good work and it was good to see someone take the initiative for their school. What was also good was the fact that he was up so early training. Jisenki wasn't sure why, but he didn't ask any questions. Such an action wouldn't be necessary. The fact that this young warrior was training made him think of himself as a student at the school. Even more so, it made him think of one of his close friends who, for a time, was also a blue ranked warrior. This friend of his did what he could for the sake of becoming better than anyone else. Nostalgic memories immediately began to flow down the stream that was known as Jisenki's mind, but before he could let his memories get the best of him, sealed this stream in order to focus back on the student. He said his name was Skye Vrael. Though a different name than what Jisenki usually would hear, it wasn't peculiar compared to some names Jisenki had come to learn about. Then there was there was the handshake. Such physical contact within a gesture was something that Jisenki had never really liked. Back where he came from, no one made much physical contact. However, he wasn't back home nor did he ever wish to return so, he also extended his hand to Skye and accepted his handshake. "If you don't already know my name, I am Jisenki. May I ask why you are training so much? Is it because of the tournament approaching?" Jisenki was merely curious. He also wanted to throw out the tournament's arrival because he hadn't heard many students talking about it. He believed that a tournament was a great way to show one's skills and the things achieved through tournaments can be to boost one's ego, to learn more skills or to learn from your own mistakes, or to even have fun fighting with someone who you would never otherwise fight.
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male

The BattleField
Health Points:
Old Habits Die Hard Left_bar_bleue6400/6400Old Habits Die Hard Empty_bar_bleue  (6400/6400)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Old Habits Die Hard Left_bar_bleue4400/4400Old Habits Die Hard Empty_bar_bleue  (4400/4400)
Experience Points :
Old Habits Die Hard Left_bar_bleue63/100Old Habits Die Hard Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 17th 2009, 10:45 pm

Skye gave a small smile. "I did indeed know your name head warrior. A name which is followed so closely by valor and near worship from others is not easily forgotten." Skye released Jisenki's hand and made the 'sort of' gesture with his right hand in response to the question about the tournament. "Well, that's partially the reason. I find tournaments to be a good chance to get to know others, and evaluate the other students' skill levels. The other reason...well..." Skye looked up to the early morning sky for a moment, breathing out a whoosh of air. He thought for a moment. (Should I really be sharing this? Well, he is the head warrior. I don't see why not, besides, it's not like he'll count it against me.) He waited another moment, letting the cool air of the early morning waft across his face before speaking in a somewhat hesitant voice. "Because...I promised a friend of mine...that I'd protect him no matter what. And...I let him down. I swore to myself that I wouldn't let anyone down again." He looked over to Jisenki for a moment before returning his gaze to the sky again, "This school included. For that, I have to be the best. So I train as often as I can." For a moment, Skye stood calm, but then his anger flared up; at his incompitence, at his weakness, at what he was. Venting his anger, he swung out with his scythe, the blade flying out, connecting with the chain of darkness, slicing through a nearby tree and returning all in one smooth motion. He stood for a moment, staring at the ground. The smaller tree, sliced clean through fell to the ground with a soft thud. Skye stood fuming for a moment before turning back to Jisenki and bowing. "I...apologize." The words felt awkward coming out of Skye's mouth. He was still very unused to apologizing to anyone; still, Jisenki was his superior and deserved respect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jisenki January 20th 2009, 7:46 am

Jisenki could only watch as Skye spoke of protecting another. Jisenki knew, personally, the emotions felt through losing a friend. It was never a good feeling, although through years of training and battling, losing a friend becomes more common. It becomes an act almost as common as a friend dying a natural death. "I understand completely what you mean. I, too, have lost many friends and allies on the battlefield. However, you can't let your emotions get the better of you. Also, you can't protect or save everyone on your own, and although this may not sound like the best way to put it, things happen for a good reason and you must find fortune in the death of others, even if it is hard to bear." Jisenki began to remember a time when he was 15 and his friend died in battle. "One of my best friends in the past when I was 15 years old went to this school. A man who was purely evil did all that he could to get what he wanted attacked the school countless times. One student there sought to defeat him since their paths were intertwined even in the past. He finally killed him and when he did, the student deaths ceased completely. However, in order to kill the man, my friend had to give up his own life too. In doing so, though, he spared the lives of other students and other innocent people." Jisenki maintained a calm face, showing no signs of sorrow, even from speaking of a friend who had died. He had hoped that Skye understood what he meant in saying this. He also hoped that Skye realized that he wasn't telling him to simply let his friends die but that if they do die by some twist of fate, that it might not be a bad thing. Jisenki bowed back to him, returning the gesture of respect. "Remember, don't beat yourself up over things. Keep a level head and you'll be able to think straight, allowing you to determine what is right for your situation."
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 27th 2009, 8:25 pm

*Oh wow I'm soooooo sorry I haven't been here! I actually forgot I was
signed up here again I'm sorry. Here, let me hurry up and reply. Hope
ur not too mad Jisenki*

Skye looked up, a surprised look on his face. It seemed that Jisenki really did understand, at least a little. Hm, so not just strong, but understanding as well. I have underestimated you head warrior. He nodded. "Thank you Head Warrior. And perhaps you are right. My friend's death is not something to dwell on. I of all people should know what holding a painful memory can do to a person. A man that I fought once....a powerful foe, made the same mistake, and in the long run it cost him his life." He bowed again. "I thank you Head Warrior. You have given me much to think about." Skye looked down for a moment, thinking about Lucas and what he would have wanted. After a moment he looked up again, turning his gaze on Jisenki. "So tell me Head Warrior, have you any advice in moving forward? Both in my training and in my past. I'm embarassed to say that I have never really been able to move on very easily." He chuckled a little, looking at the ground again. He whispered to himself, something that Lucas had said once when he had been in a similar predicament. "I....I want to be stronger! If I let the past stay in the present, I'll never get stronger...I'll just fail again..."

OOC: Sorry for all the unexplained references to Skye's past, I'll explain some of them if you like
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jisenki June 28th 2009, 12:43 am

OOC: No problem

IC:Jisenki looked at Skye in the eyes in order to show him that he was sincere and knew what Skye was talking about. "When it comes to your training and moving on, you must never forget the past but continue training. If you ask yourself at any point, why am I training, what's this for, think about your friend and train for him as well as any other friend out there that may face the same result. In the end, you must do whatever you can to live and keep the memories of your loved ones alive." Jisenk knew this so well. In a way, Jisenki was talking to himself about this as well as Skye and was reminding himself to do what he needed to keep all of his friends' dreams alive. In Jisenki's mind, as long as the memory of his friends still existed, their spirit will continue to exist.
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 28th 2009, 8:25 pm

Skye, heartened by the head warrior's understanding of his predicament, nodded vigorously. "Yes, I believe you're right. If I just let his memory fade, I'll have nothing to fight for; no reason to go on getting stronger. You are right." He clenched his hand, nodding his head resolvedly. What have I been doing? I came here to get stronger, to make sure that I never failed anyone again like I failed Lucas. But...my regret has done nothing but slow me down, make me weaker. I'm sorry old friend. I'll never forget your sacrifice but...I have to move on. Skye looked to the sky again, disconnecting the head of the scythe and relinking it to the chain. "If you'll please forgive me Master Jisenki, I think I'm gonna get back to my training. I've been slipping into a bit of an inactive state lately." A moment passed. "I...I'm going to be stronger. For my friend. Thank you."

*and so begins my return to activity on the site lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum